As I cross multiple states I have mapped out the KOA campgrounds that I will be staying at. Since I won’t be familiar with the areas I chose to stay at KOA’s because I can look up the location of each one online. Granted once I get in the area I may choose another option but at least for now I have a destination to camp. I plan on camping every night of the trip either in my ENO Hammock or my Marmot tent depending on weather and location.
So far here is my list of stopping points where I’ll be spending at least one night.
- Oak Grove Missouri KOA right outside of Kansas City
- Goodland KS close to the border of Kansas and Colorado
- Colorado Springs KOA in Fountain CO
- Moab, UT
- Las Vegas, NV
- San Diego, CA
- Mariposa KOA right on the edge of Yosemite
- Gold Hill KOA in Central Point, OR
- Seattle, WA
- Missoula, MT
- Billings, MT
- Deadwood, SD outside of Sturgis, SD
- Jackson, MN
- Rock Island, IL
- Back home in Lexington, KY
At each of these stops I’ll be exploring the surrounding areas. My main goal is to get into the outdoors. See the wildlife, the mountains, local communities…. etc. I’ve added some pictures to this post of a few places I plan on seeing.